Monday, October 21, 2013

BAA Half... one week later


Last Sunday, I ran the Boston Athletic Association's half marathon. [Yes the same people who put on the Boston marathon.] It was an amazing experience all the way around.

Saturday after my bus ride up, I got to have dinner with 2 wonderful women from my online running group. It was my first time meeting them in person which was great. I did not sleep well that night, not actually falling asleep till 3:30 am, but thankfully my good night before and the adrenaline helped.

I had a great race. Waking not too early since I was only 1 mile away from the start and having my breakfast. I headed over to the race start and found ran into my friends as I checked my bag and picked up my race t-shirt.


The race was an amazing experience. Weather cool but good. I got into a groove and really was able to hold my effort level pretty steady through the race in the end. First half was a bit faster due to the downhills. Was a bit worried after mile 8 if I could keep it up, but was running near a couple of women and wound up finish the last couple of miles with one of them. We kept each other going especially through those back uphills in the out & back course through the end. We did get a quick run through the Franklin Park Zoo before the race ended on the track at the stadium. Nice and cushy ending.

Through the Zoo


Almost Finished
My finish time 2:50:17 beat my previous PR by over 20 minutes. And my pretty medal!



I credit my wonderful coaches and training partners with helping me to up my fitness level through the season. Now a few down weeks and then off to Disney for Wine & Dine which I am running for Team in Training. Please consider supporting my efforts: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/advent14/dvorageller

No comments:

Post a Comment