Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Some New Sporty Goals

Well I have definitely been bit by the bug...

besides running, I will now be adding biking and swimming to my training regime. I have signed up for the Iron Girl Sprint Triathlon in Sandy Hook, NJ. This event will take place on Sep 8th and training starts NOW!

Since I am not quite a bike owner again in NYC, I will start my bike training by checking out spin classes around the city. First up will be Soul Cycle (hopefully tomorrow). Swimming will be done at Riverbank State Park (around the 130s on the west side). They have open lane hours early in the morning so this will be a pre-work thing twice a week.

To help me in this venture, I had the opportunity to check out some great tri shops in San Diego while visiting my brother. I am also now the proud owner of 2 pairs of tri shorts and one tri top. Plus a pair of goggles.

On the running front, I have committed to another season with Team in Training doing a "Choose Your Own Adventure" which for me will be the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in Disney World on November 9th. This race is run at night (10 pm start)... starting at the ESPN Sports Zone and running to and through Animal Kingdom and onto Hollywood Studios ending just outside Epcot! The race is then followed by a Finish Line Party in Epcot (Food & Wine Festival) till 4 am. I am so excited for this.

I will be hosting a couple of raffles as well as selling some fun hair ties so keep a look out here for more information. If you would like to support me by donating, check out my page.

1 comment: